Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing a running baud rate on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryteker

Hi all,
Can the baud rate of a pic program be changed whilst it is running, or does the pic have to be reset/restarted to effect a baud rate change ?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Regards
Ryteker

As far as I know, changes to the baud rate generator take effect immediately. Consult the data sheet, though.

Hi OBW0549,
Thanks for your quick reply.
Having read again saections of the data sheet, it does indeed imply that it can be changed during active processing, this is indicated on a few lines on page 275 in section 6.3.
I'll have a play now that it does appear to be able to be achieved.
Thanks again.

Hi OBW0549,
Thanks for your quick reply.
Having read again saections of the data sheet, it does indeed imply that it can be changed during active processing, this is indicated on a few lines on page 275 in section 6.3.
I'll have a play now that it does appear to be able to be achieved.

Yes it's perfectly fine (and normal) to change baud rates while it's running, in fact you can't change it any other way.

Thanks Nigel ...
Looks like I've got a bit of playing to do !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back