Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car alarm remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioniC187

Hey guys,

I want to do a diy alarm for my car. My current one is **** tbh.

I need help with the Tx and Rx. The Tx of the alarm transmitter, how can i sniff its signals?

Like the Freq of the Tx, and this remote has 2 buttons. Lock, and Unlock.

How can i figure this out, so i can then proceed to build a Rx circuit to pick up those signals??

There are plenty of articles online that show how easy it is to listen to RF signals and process them with a computer.
But beware that there are some keyfobs which use some for of encryption or rolling codes which are near impossible to replicate without the algorithm/keys

Here is a tutorial Adam had written up to figure out how his door bell received signals and used an off the shelf product to replicate the signals
**broken link removed**
Note that he's using a FUNCube Dongle, however i've been successful in using a $10 ebay usb dongle with the same software to accomplish the same task.

Have a look here for more information on Software Defined Radios:
http://www.rtl-sdr.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back