Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car GPS tracking system

Status
Not open for further replies.

sram

Hi,
This is just a simple question. Google can help of course but i want something that has been tried and professional. What I want is a system that allows me to track vehicles by accessing a website via the internet where each vehicle has a device ( small chip) installed that connects directly to a satellite so that I 'm limited to areas where there is only GSM coverage.

I assume that i'll have to pay for monthly/annual service. I also assume that the more devices u want to track, the higher the service charge.

What are good systems u have seen that fit this description?

Thanks

I am fairly sure that all telematics systems like Teletrac's use the GSM / 3G network to send the data to the servers. The GPS is used to find the position. Most systems will store many positions so that if there is a break in the GSM/3G coverage the vehicle's track is not lost, but is sent to the servers when a connection is available.

Find-me-Spot sends data via satellites, but cannot be used to send lots of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back