Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you sense ultrasound or RF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensitivity to low-frequency sound is well documented. However your claims regarding RF have never been documented with controlled studies. Obviously, no one can prove the non-existence of anything. However, the burden of proof is clearly on those who claim the unusual that is contrary to science, and for that you have presented no verifiable or scientific evidence.

Actually there have been a number of studies done and so far the majority of the accurate data showing a strong correlation to psychosomatic and not real bonafide actual perception of RF fields and energy.

One test I read about some time ago was in a psychology magazine at college and in the study the took something like 40 - 50 supposedly EMF hypersensitivity people and did a number of tests on them.

One was they were each put in a room with a dummy cell phone that only had a small battery and a analog timer that made it appear to be turning on and off like calls were coming in and I think a microwave oven that did not have any real microwaving ability or internal RF generating parts. The interesting thing was that the room was a laboratory room built as a faraday cage and had basically zero radio energy inside the room yet almost every person responded to the fake cell phone and microwave with headaches,nausea, hallucinations and what not despite the actual meters and whatnot they were not aware of never having shown so much as a milliwatt of RF energy having been emitted from start to finish.

Now for the control the waiting room they were in was also a lab room that was again built like a faraday cage but they had a swept spectrum RF signal generator and amplifier pumping a few tens of watts of RF into the room on and off the whole time while the group waited for their turn in the room with the fake cell phone and microwave for what they thought was the actual tests.

Zero correlative responses by anyone in the waiting room with the real and fairly strong RF signals but loads of them with the fake devices that didn't radiate anything but a false appearance of having done something. :facepalm:

Maybe the effect is real but to me when a credible psychology center does a controlled and well documented test on a moderate sized group of people who claim to be chronic sufferers and everyone of them fails I have doubts to its true validity. :(

Last edited:
Nice experiment, but you can't prove a negative. It has been that way for more then 2000 years (Aristotle). The disciples of EMF sensitivity must prove the effect, and so far there has been none. They are, in lay terms, simply crazy. I find it amazing and disappointing that 41 posts have been wasted on this discussion.

John

I think us guys abuse our senses much more than girls do.
When I was young my hearing was better than most speakers.
Also I had to select which Shure phono cartridge had response up to 20kHz since most dropped off at 15kHz.
I burned out the tweeter on the first speaker I made by playing it out a window and walking away to see (hear) how far 19kHz would go. No, I was not using it as girl magnet.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back