Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I replace OST75N65HM IGBT with OST75N65HSW?

novko88

I need to replace IGBTs on my solar inverter main board. The original ones are OST75N65HM. I have OST75N65HSW but I am not sure if I can use it.

According to the datasheets, both have the same Key Performance Parameters with one exception: Qg. Other data is similar(ish).

I did a cross-reference search on alltransistors.com. The site doesn't find them as equivalent. You can see for yourselves:

OST75N65HM

OST75N65HSWF

Thanks.

The HSWF version has rather higher gate capacitance; depending on the gate drive circuit, that may cause the switching to be slow and result in rather more heat dissipation & a loss of efficiency.

From the list you link to, the OST75N65HM2F would be a better choice if possible as it has lower capacitance than the original.

Thanks for the info. I installed OST75N65HSW and the inverter does not display the error code 09 as it did before but now it doesn't detect solar panels. I checked the voltage at the fuse (before and after) and at the end of the cable. In all cases, it read 400 V. But Immediately after connecting the cables to the inverter, the voltage dropped to 0 V. Other parts of the inverter are working: it detects the battery and mains.

Should I start a new thread?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back