Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble with Flash Memory: Seeking Advice for S29GL256P11TFIV2

shawki fekri

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering some difficulties with the S29GL256P11TFIV2 Flash memory device, and I could really use some guidance on how to proceed. Here's a summary of my issue:

Problem:
I have been trying to read data from the S29GL256P11TFIV2 Flash memory device using a compatible programmer (RT809H), but I'm experiencing problems with data corruption. Despite successfully reading the data once, subsequent attempts result in corrupted data, and the device no longer starts up properly.

Steps Taken:

Checked hardware connections to ensure they are secure and properly aligned.
Verified compatibility of the programmer (RT809H) with the S29GL256P11TFIV2 Flash memory device.
Followed standard read procedures, but encountered data corruption issues.
Additional Information:

The Flash memory device was previously working without issues before attempting to read data.
I've tried different read settings and parameters, but the problem persists.
I'm concerned that the device may have been corrupted during the reading process, and I'm unsure how to proceed to recover the data or restore the device to its original state.
Request for Assistance:
I'm reaching out to the community for any insights, suggestions, or troubleshooting steps that could help me address this issue. If anyone has experience with the S29GL256P11TFIV2 Flash memory device or similar problems, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

If you desoldered the IC to read it, I'd suspect bad or shorted connections before an IC failure simply due to reading it.

It's also possible the IC was damaged by heat or static?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back