Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculating resistor ohm and watts value

Status
Not open for further replies.

harps

hi
i wonder if anyone can help? i need to figure out how to create 0.44v for the REF signal input of this h bridge below

on my bread board is a 5v regulator.

i believe from looking at the pdf that the :

Reference Input Current IREF VREF = 0 V to 1 V — — ±5.0 μA

the h bridge pdf is here
A3953SB-T datasheet pdf datenblatt - Allegro MicroSystems - FULL-BRIDGE PWM MOTOR DRIVER ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

and below is a diagram of the IC.

i tried to calculate via a LED resistor calculator but the resistance field would not go low enough for the 5 micro amps. .005ma

thanks for your help : )

**broken link removed**

hi,
The 5uA is the maximum current drawn by the REF pin.

You could use a resistive potential divider from 5Vreg supply or there are some some Schottky diodes that have a forward voltage drop about 0.44V

Do you follow OK.?

EDIT:
A simple resistive divider

Attachments

• 000esp01.gif
    000esp01.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
The 5 ua is an error term. The chip can draw +/- 5 ua from the divider that produces the ref. voltage. So you want to keep the divider resistors fairly small like Eric shows not very large where the 5 ua can change the voltage.

thanks for you replies : )

i think i understand the diagram , does the :

".tran.1" = ground?

Should the 6.2k and the 600 ohm resistor be o.k at around 1/4 watt value?

Thanks for your time on this. : )

thanks for you replies : )

i think i understand the diagram , does the :

".tran.1" = ground?

Should the 6.2k and the 600 ohm resistor be o.k at around 1/4 watt value?

Thanks for your time on this. : )

hi h,
Ignore the .tran, thats only for a simulation program..
The 0V [ common lines/points ] are indicated by the downward point triangles.

The 6k2 and 600R can be 0.125W or you could use a 1k variable for the 600R, this will enable you to adjust the 0.44v more precisely.

thanks again ericgibbs : )

so helpful , great idea, i shall hook up a variable resistor and see if i can get the the 0.44v.

have a great new year : P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back