Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BUISNESS GROWTH Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
A business plan can be very simple.
It can be like a shopping list.

Go to trade shows four time a year.
Advertise in magazines.
Update the web sight every 2 months.
Respond to costumers questions within 12 hours.
Update the business plan every year.
Every 4 months have a meeting! "what should we do different"

Think of all the good things you should be doing and check them off.

My Dad made a short list and taped it to the bathroom mirror.
(read the list!) You must read the plan or don't bother writing one.

I think the business plan should be in the break room so every one can see it. (with a pencil so people can add comments) I believe in a "open business" where every one is involved.

Then again only he can make the plan, because only he knows what's possible for him and him alone to do.

You are correct. The OP wanted to know more about the Domino's Pizza business plan, which there was zero info. One can only surmise from the "history" as Domino's presented at their website.

We DONT know what the OP's dreams, goals, and aspirations are. Only he can answer that.

We don't have his financial statements, his P&L statements, or anything else about his business.

We don't know if he is spending 1000 units of currency per month advertising while only getting 900 units of currency in sales.

As far as a business plan, or a goal, without knowing the final end ... whether it's make a net billion units of currency in sales in five years, or just break even after all expenses.

Only the owner, or hobbyist, or married couple, or single person, knows what they would like to accomplish. All the "plan" does is outline how they plan to map that journey, and the reviews institute the course changes to try and reach those accomplishments.

I've heard that HR people have asked "Where do you want to be in five years?" If you don't have an answer, some won't hire you as you show no goals and motivation.

How long have you actually been trading and how did you initially fund the company?
What is the percentage growth in Sales/Profit since you started.?
Hello,
Actually my father is an small scale old advertiser, so i think to have Digital LED board in his Office.
I have been in market with my Board few months back some display like using USB i supply directly from distributor because they are advanced and cheap they manufacturing.
and i develop flashing and combination of flashing board and use module with display card kits.
Till now i have in few month i have turn over crossed in 1Lakh including all Price and profit is nearly 40% percent you can say.

1. Know your market
2. Know your competition
3. What makes you different?
How to know my market which tool to use?
Yeah i know the competitors they are experienced with large scale turn over and they sale not manufacture.
What should i do to be different?
I give 1 year warranty on product recently my Led goggle Screen LEDs were not lighting so, i provide my customer free service some people do lots of bargaining( due to which i have to think a lots to reduce quality of material) ..

Is he trading full time or doing it as a part time 'hobby'?
Yes i am working full time.
How long he has been trading, is he working from home or in premises.?
near about 6 months
Has he used is own capital, got a loan or plans to get a loan.?
No Loan i want to do individually without risk.
Does he want to be in a partnership or work as a Sole trader.?
How 'big' does he really want to grow.?

No partnership it is headache!
I want to grow more to have more money.

hi,
I agree about the NO partnership, it can be a pain, also the partners expect the same salary and perks as the head man, so from the start the company is 'top heavy'.!
Also I would advise about getting venture capital as this usually includes a senior manager/Director appointed by the investor.

As you intend being a 'Sole Trader', before preparing a strategic business plan, work out a financial budget for say the first 2 to 3 years of the proposed company.
Include all the current costs and projected costs, Sales and expected profit. [ be realistic on the Sales and profit margin]
The budget should include regular overhead items:
Premises , Accountant, Book keeping, Insurance, Vehicles, Advertising, etc

Also initial one off items:
Tools, Equipment, Office furniture, Storage, Stationery, etc

This will give you an idea on your annual turnover and the profit margin on sales, then you can decide how much loan capital you will need to organise.
Then produce a Business plan, which you can present to a Bank and arrange an Account, Overdraft facilities and maybe a loan.

I ran my last successful small international Electronics Design/Manufacturing company for 21 years before I retired.

Eric

I am thinking to hire a MBA or marketing expert so, he can take order using his mind occupying talent of customers.

I am thinking to hire a MBA or marketing expert so, he can take order using his mind occupying talent of customers.
I hope he would work on commissions.
But even still that would cut into your profit margins.
How much R&D do you have to do to make the custom signs?

How much R&D do you have to do to make the custom signs?
Sorry, I didn't get you?
Do you mean currency?
There is no Problem in free Advertisement. The Clients/customers do bargaining for prices .
They can't decide rapidly its importance...

Hello,
Yes, custom like Flashing board using module in it for more effect.
So, How to get R&D plus the more business from clients?

If you are not making anything then you don't need R&D.
You get customers threw advertising.

What point should kept in mind for more growth of Bushiness??

When your hair starts getting caught in the machinery, you've grown it out too far :D

Ritesh,

Engineers are not often business men. Business men do not make good engineers.

My Dad liked to study good companies. I think there is a better way. Study 1000s of great companies.
"Good to Great" Jim Collins and "Built to Last" Collins/Porras, is a study of the very best companies.

If you are working on wealth then I recommend:
"The Millionaire Next Door" Stanley/Danko
"The Millionaire Mind" Stanley

Here is a good place to start!
"Rich Dad Poor Dad" Kiyosaki
He has many books but this one is first reading.
Ask me about the rest.

For all engineers and inventors and maybe business men:
Another study of 10,000s of really good people.
"First Break All The Rules" Buckingham/Coffman

"The Carrot Principle" Gostick/Elton
"The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding" Ries
"The Invisible Employee" Gostick/Elton

You need to have some of these in you heart, a couple in you head and more books like these on you book shelf.

Ask me about the rest.

Yeah sure, why not.. pls tell
I remember my childhood day In school English literature classes, where the teacher read the story in class.
it was cool experience.

OK, Kiyosaki has a library of books.

"Cash Flow Quadrant" is probably next best. Probably investing and stocks and retirement you don't need. There is a book on what you should do before you quit your job, well too late for that. A couple of the books are written by employes of Kiyosaki. Look at the titles and decide for your self.

"Cash Flow Quadrant" Short version: There are 4 ways to get money.
1) You can work for money.........4) Your money can work for you. If you don't understand that then you will work for the rest of your life.

OK, Kiyosaki has a library of books.

"Cash Flow Quadrant" is probably next best. Probably investing and stocks and retirement you don't need. There is a book on what you should do before you quit your job, well too late for that. A couple of the books are written by employes of Kiyosaki. Look at the titles and decide for your self.

"Cash Flow Quadrant" Short version: There are 4 ways to get money.
1) You can work for money.........4) Your money can work for you. If you don't understand that then you will work for the rest of your life.

Hi,
Waht happens next...then.

We could theorise all day.:rolleyes:
It would helpful if you could post some actual numbers for your desired growth plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back