Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth Module(aubtm 20) and Max 232-Hyperterminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I am using bluetooth module AUBTM-20 and interfaced with a max232 to connect to pc. somthing like this **broken link removed**
While using hyperterminal and power on i am getting OK. But when i pass some commands like LLL there is no response.
How do i check the aubtm20 what are the commands(i checked the AT command list for aubtm20, but it is not working)

Here is the hyperterminal setting bit per second-9600, data bits-8, parity-None, stop bits-1, flow control- none.

Please help me...

I want integrate this bluetooh for a robot to control from android phone.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, i saw the IOIO. But it will take time reach here in india.
I want to use my samsung galaxy ace(froyo 2.2). First i have to workout the bluetooth. so i want to test the bluetooth working or not. Then i can send commands thru the blutooth to arduino or any other pic.

The AUBTM-20 is having very less support compared to sparkfun bluetooth(which is 5v edition). But here in india we get only the aubtm-20 module.

Anybody having any experience with aubtm-20...

Robotsmani

Have you got the android SDK on your computer? You may need to develop on the android end... I have a serial bluetooth device, similar to yours, and I can talk to it via Hyper term no problem.

Ian

Sorry I must mention I have a usb bluetooth device for the connection to the PC as well. I did this before I plumped for"Xbee" a bluetooth derivative.

Last edited:
can you please let me know the steps for the serial bluetooth to talk to pc. Currently my plan is not to develop anything in android as there are some apps readily available in the market. Once it succeed the i can develop my own android apps(i am a beginner of android. Yes i have installed android sdk).

Actually i am using windows 7 in my pc. Is there any prob with this OS. I am using manually copied hyper term from other XP machine.

I have no clue how to interface with PC.

Robotsmani

If your PC has a serial port... after plugging in the bluetooth device you need to tell the module to jump into AT mode.. I take it you have plugged it into COM1 / 2 and just started talking to it! When you have Hyper term up and running @ 9600 baud type in AT and see if you get a response from the module.

Ian

I have connected the bluetooth. After power up the bluetooth i got the "OK" in Hyper term.
When i type "AT" there is no response. Any other settings i have to do...

I have been chatting to a guy in Scotland today about this... bluetooth is transparent there will not be any response to a key press. you will need to get a hyper term for the android as it's a wire replacement, not modem command.

Ian

but here i am not using any android..i just connected to the PC. This bluetooth device is connected in the max232 for the serial port connection. i don't know why it is not working...:-(

Now...it is started partly working...
Power on ---> OK
within 60sec you have to type LLL to enable command mode --- OK
Then it is not working
Typing <cr><lf>AT?<cr><lf> ----->No response. If i press the enter key i am getting ERROR
Any Idea...?

It just talking to PC thru serail port. It is just for test the bluetooth device also we can config the bluetooth.
Atlast it started working...no i am able to get the responses. I changed the bluetooth mode to master and i can read the pair passcode of the bluetooth. i have connect my android with the blueterm apps and i am typing the letters in android and i can see those in hyperterm. uuuuffffffffff....

Now i have to connect the bluetooth to arduino and send some inputs from android and check...

Thanks Ian Rogers...once i succeed with this i will post the details here.....

Thanks

hi , i am also facing the same pblm with this bluetooth modul...i would appreciate if plz let me know how u overcomed the pblm....

In my case it was happening because of the RX/TX are short where the wires are soldered. Check the connections and remove any shorts. Also check the Antenna, is there any blockage.

AUBTM-20 bluetooth connection to PC

Hi,

I tried to connect AUBTM-20 device to bluetooth module attached to my PC.The configuration went smoothly and at the end it showed COM6 and COM7 ports assigned to
AUBTM-20 module.But when a data is received at PC from AUBTM-20 it asked for Passkey to communicate with device.I configured device with no pass key.What is the passkey i need to enter?Did i miss any steps in configuration?

Hi Ian,

Thanks for u r reply.I am new to this device and i've one doubt regarding passkey setting.How we can set passkey for AUBTM-20 device?I connected it to serial port of RFID reader.Is it possible to write pass key to AUBTM-20 device permanently?

you can read the pass code by using this command

AT+PIN=?

Also you can set the pass code by

AT+PIN=8888 (where 8888 is your pass code).

In my bluetooth set i have the passcode of 8888. i found this pass code using the above command

Attaching the command list for AUBTM-20-22

Robotsmani

Attachments

• AUBTM_20_22_External_commands.pdf
    204.8 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back