Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blog and article editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I would like to publish more blog and article text but an put off by the editor.

Is there a way to use a local HTML editor and upload/download/edit blogs and articles.

Would it be possible to add a blog 'By Author" drop down in the area where "Most Popular" and "Most Recent" buttons.

Last edited:
Hi 3v0,

Currently there is no way to add HTML to posts/blogs/articles but I will check to see if we can turn it on (security is my main concern). Also, there is a new editor coming in the coming weeks (should be no longer than 2 months) and that is going to allow "pasting from word" and pasting from rich text area.

Just so I'm clear, what do you need to do in HTML that you cannot do efficiently in the editor? I would guess its creating tables?

I'll look into the "By Author" link. Maybe an idea is to have a link in the secondary navigation within the header?

Any other feedback on the Blog/Article system is greatly appreciated because I'm actually working on improving those areas over the next few months. So let me know :)

Regards,
EM

I do not get along with the current editor. To be fair I did gave it another shot. It feels like I have both arms tied behind my back. I get a similar feeling when I try to create content using any editor running in a web page.

I am not stuck on using HTML, when I wrote the post I must have been thinking the underlying markup was HTML but I know that is not so. Sorry.

Open office has a nice editor with export to several formats including PDF and word. Perhaps we can cut and past with the new editor but have no idea how well that will work. Will have to give it a try.

I would appreciate the ability to edit locally and upload. It looks like is will not be happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back