Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Articles section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgibbs

Most Helpful Member
hi,
The Articles Section is now operational in the new site software.:woot:

I guess magvitron has already discovered this and has added two good articles.

Eric

It's great to see articles going in. Well done magvitron.

This new articles section is much better than the old one. It has a way to update articles keeping revisions as well as many other features.

Eric did you know it can handle files and versioning. I noticed you use to place them in your blog :)

I have wondered, what is the difference between an Article and Blog with respect to copyright privileges?

The difference between articles and blogs is not much technically. I mean they both allow large amounts of text as well as file attachments - which is sometimes all people need. However the article system also handles content revisions, reviews, and the ability to have multiple contributors.

The idea is that blogs are more for expressing yourself and telling your experiences in the electronics world to other like minded people. Blogs usually contain ideas, thoughts, views. The articles section is for complete, accurate pieces of information such as circuits or tutorials that have been tested.

With regards to copyright, I believe that articles and blogs are very much your own and you yourself have full permission to create/modify/delete any information in both of these places. Anything you submit automatically belongs to you and becomes copyrighted to you. With forum posts, it's slightly different because of a problem in the past. A member decided they wanted to leave and they requested that we removed all their posts. A forum is dependant on each post because they are interlocked. We've made it so forum posts are public domain and cannot be removed unless there is valid reason (ie, personal information displaying, personal deformation, etc). However, I don't consider I own them or anything, I mean i've owned this forum for 10+ years and love every part of it. I'm all for public information and love that I can provide this site for free. I also hold a strong obligation to protect the information here and it's members.

One of the mods I'm wanting to make is within each blog and article display a copyright under author information to state clearly that the member owns it.

Hope that clears it all up :) I probably ranted a bit more than needed to but it's good to be clear on it..

But if anyone has concerns about copyright, please do post a separate thread in the feedback forum, as this post is mainly about appreciating and noting members like yourself who have contributed to the blogs or articles.

That is a very useful description. Thank you. Speaking personally, when my venture into using a remote accelerometer is "done," I will submit it as an article.

John

Hi EM.

This site is looking at its best right now. :)
Some things I cannot figure out though. Some other things are easier to do though.

I know to keep up and make this great site survive...you needed a new broom to sweep all clean. And that is exactly what you did by changing software.
Many busy sites out there still use V Bulletin.

Problem is, I think, V Bulletin is not keeping up with current software advances. They had their day as industry leaders.
There are very busy sites I used to visit...and now V Bulletin is slowing them down...badly. And the more they try and fix it...the worse it gets....

I think you took a very brave decision EM to give this Site long life by doing "heart surgery" and leaving the familiar V Bulletin platform :)

Not crazy about the the way some things work with the new software....but I will pay attention and learn. I am 100% sure you have taken the very best Electronics Forum to once again lead the pack.

And as a proud member here.....I will shout this to the World :cool:

Regards,
tvtech

Been awhile since I made a visit to this site. Looks good, why so many lost their avatars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back