Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone read these books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
killivolt said:
Nigal, Some of us at the office want to know how you feel about the...........

Harry Potter Books like-'em Hate-'em ? :D

Love the Harry Potter books, and I think the films are great - I read a LOT of books, and it's refreshing to see a film of the book that follows the book well, and has characters that match your own imagination well.

There's a UK TV detective series called Frost, starring David Jason, and I read the books a number of years before the series. I really loved the books, and thought at the time what a great TV series it would make - but I thought the TV series was absolutely rubbish, David Jason just wasn't Frost for me :(

Harry Potter

Nigel Goodwin said:
Love the Harry Potter books, and I think the films are great - refreshing to see a film of the book that follows the book well, and has characters that match your own imagination well.

My daughter became a huge fan. She's older now but there for awhile and I thought she would never be a reader more a socialite. She was always hanging with the in crowd every now and then they surprise you. :)

I'm more (Tolkien) the only books I could have every made it thought without going insane. I read them all. :D

Last edited:
killivolt said:
I'm more (Tolkien) the only books I could have every made it thought without going insane. I read them all. :D

Love Tolkien as well, although I've not read them for a few years now - couldn't get on with the films though!.

My daughter read Lord Of The Rings when she was about seven years old?.

Salgat said:
I have to admit that some books out of the Bible are quite entertaining, especially Revelation and Acts.

I'd probably read more books if I didn't have 8 textbooks to sift through this semester:(

Oh yeah the bible is the supreme text. It has rich history and supernatural wonders accounted for by jesus. it has all the questions to life and the afterlife.

You all should read it and convert.

quixotron, if the forum wouldn't keep telling me to spread rep before i can give it to you again, you would have a red square... oh wait, you do? Hmm, i wonder why!?

blueroomelectronics said:
Well Battlestar Galactica is based on Mormon beliefs. And it's also one of my favorite TV shows :) (that and Boston Legal)

really? like what for instance? twiki talks to seer stones or something?

"Science Fiction based on Science Fiction" ?

blueroomelectronics said:
Glen A Larson (the original shows creator) is a Mormon.
**broken link removed**

Bill, so how would you classify that. Let's see how about (Science Fiction based on Science Fiction) would that be close ? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back