Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone read these books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
I'm just reading the last of the 'Dark Hunter' series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, has anyone else read them?.

**broken link removed**

Basically it's a kind of vampire series, with plenty of sex to appeal for the female readers. Apparently though, the readership in the USA is more than 50% male, and even higher in Europe - despite this, in UK bookshops it's listed in the 'romance' section.

But really good books, with plausible reasons for everything, and even makes you scared to go to New Orleans! :p

I've read the complete series, to date, in about ten days, my wifes read them as well, and my daughter and her boyfriend are on them now!.

On a similar misfiled series, I would also recommend the J. D. Robb 'In Death' series of scifi detective stories starring 'Eve Dallas', again they have sex scenes for the female readers, so are filed under 'romance' - but are good serious future detective books at heart.

**broken link removed**

'Fraid not, more of a Sci-Fi fan myself.

Arthur C. Clarke. (Sad loss) and Alastair Reynolds (Revelation Space sagas).

Excellent!

no havent read those. I am currently reading the blood of abraham by james "jimmy" carter.

i also have book about the travels of christopher columbus and other explorers.

i'd also reccomend reading the bible. it is after all, the world's number one seller.

What is with you and religion, quixotron? :rolleyes: :confused:

No, i have not read that, nigel. Right now i am reading To Kill a Mockingbird (for school), and Dune (also for school).

More into films I don't take the casual time for it. I can't set still long. I almost can't get through most movies either ?

Strange ?

To Kill a Mockingbird (for school), and Dune (also for school).[/QUOTE]\Mark256

Just last friday we watched (Dune) in our office at work during lunch. Because the guy next to me had never seen it. Then he expressed his favorite of all time movies was (To Kill a Mockingbird)

To Kill a Mockingbird (for school), and Dune (also for school).
Just last friday we watched (Dune) in our office at work during lunch. Because the guy next to me had never seen it. Then he expressed his favorite of all time movies was (To Kill a Mockingbird)

:D Huh. :D How close is the movie to the book (dune)?... We will be watching TKAM when we are done with the book.

They never can. If so the movie would be so long that I would anguish and die. :p

By the way how do you guy's get that indentation box in the quote ?

type [quote_] text to quote goes here... then type [/quote_] to stop quoting. You must remove the underscores ("_") If you want to have a name show up, instead of doing just plain [_quote], you can do [_quote=kilivolt], then it would show

kilivolt said:

instead of

you can also simply click on the quote button at the top of your reply box.

Test Quote Insertion

PHP:
you can also simply click on the quote button at the top of your reply box.

/QUOTE] Neat Stuff

:D :D :D :D

It may take some practice...

UTMonkey said:
'Fraid not, more of a Sci-Fi fan myself.

Arthur C. Clarke. (Sad loss) and Alastair Reynolds (Revelation Space sagas).

I'm a huge SciFi fan as well, and I've got a fairly extensive library! :D

E. E. Doc Smith is one of my favourites, and Robert Heinlen.

Sex Sells

Wingmax said:
I think I'll prefer plenty of sex to appeal for the male readers. :D

Sex sells + A lot of X sells = A lot :rolleyes:

Marks256 said:
What is with you and religion, quixotron? :rolleyes: :confused:

No, i have not read that, nigel. Right now i am reading To Kill a Mockingbird (for school), and Dune (also for school).

I have to admit that some books out of the Bible are quite entertaining, especially Revelation and Acts.

I'd probably read more books if I didn't have 8 textbooks to sift through this semester:(

I tend to read fiction when I'm on holiday. I like authors like Michael Creighton and Frederick Forsyth. I also like biographies and anything at all about Richard Feynman. I never read the Bible type fiction.

Mike.

Pommie said:
I tend to read fiction when I'm on holiday. I like authors like Michael Creighton and Frederick Forsyth. I also like biographies and anything at all about Richard Feynman. I never read the Bible type fiction.

Mike.

I read the Bible (but I skipped the begats). It's a lot like reading the Silmarillion but less internally consistent. Revelations is a lot of fun though.

Torben

quixotron said:
i'd also reccomend reading the bible. it is after all, the world's number one seller.

It's only the best seller in the western world. As works of fiction go, it's too scattered and inconsistent to really hold its own. Plus it has that whole religion albatross hanging round its neck, which makes it hard to take seriously.

Torben

Phenomenon (Harry Potter)

Nigal, Some of us at the office want to know how you feel about the...........

Harry Potter Books like-'em Hate-'em ? :D

quixotron said:
no havent read those. I am currently reading the blood of abraham by james "jimmy" carter.

i also have book about the travels of christopher columbus and other explorers.

Number one seller, sounds so base, however, this collection of poetry (The Bible) has influenced EVERY work written in English, and if you would like to know more about how, then read "The Great Code," by Northrup Frye.

I haven't read horror, since I read "The Exorcist." I read it in one night - and it was a very thick book - because I was so scarred I couldn't put it down until there was resolution.

I have watched some horror movies, but they are more like comedies. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back