Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alternate IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macka

Hi,

I'm going to attempt the circuit at this website... https://www.redcircuits.com/Page78.htm
but i am unable to find the required IC (TDA7052), its an Audio Power Amplifier.

Does anyone know of a replacement i can use? (i plan on running this on a 9v battery)

Thankyou in advance.

Last edited:
Because of china you can buy 3 stations intercom for $50.00 wireless why mess with this except the chalenge

Im after a "$2" intercom system (hopefully more then 2 stations, aiming for 4) for the school musical, as we are stuck with these dodgey headset walkie-talkies for ages 7 and up (they have poor reception and it very hard to understand what the stage manager is saying).

Being on sound, i want to be able to communicate with the other half of our crew (backstage mic-ing people) but currently have to relay a message via stage management with the dodgey walkie talkies mentioned above. I dont only want to communicate with the rest of the sound team but with lighting and Stage management.

- thats my reason for wanting to mess around making one (also the budget is almost gone)

Yep, the LM386 is good and cheap. You intend to drive speakers or headphones? It can do either, but the speaker output could be a bit quiet if used in a loud environment, overdriving it a little will make it sound louder, but obviously distorted. Try to get the LM386-3 or LM386-4 models, the -1 and -2 are lower power, though for headphones will be ample.

Definately headphones, cant use speakers backstage and as you said it would be too quiet

A 9 volts battery forget it except if you own a battery store. At least buy some 100 ohms speakers and there goes your $2.00 badget. Dream the impossible dream. But the lm386 is a good choise for 1w amp and cheap. but remenber 1w amp

I used LM380's back in the 1970's for a band mixer I built, they worked fine for PFL, it doesn't take much to feed headphones - an LM386 would be fine, and provide be capable of more power than you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back