Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC0804 offset value? can it solve or????

Status
Not open for further replies.

soohino

i need some assistance here.
now im testing my ADC0804 and the output voltage is not the same with the input voltage i applied to it. there is some offset happened.
so now i think i might not getting the precise value for my project later. so what can i do for this?? anyone have any idea??

for my Vref, i use a resistor bridge to divide the voltage into 2.5V ( as my Vcc is 5V )

soohino said:
i need some assistance here.
now im testing my ADC0804 and the output voltage is not the same with the input voltage i applied to it. there is some offset happened.
so now i think i might not getting the precise value for my project later. so what can i do for this?? anyone have any idea??

What do you mean by 'output voltage'?.

An A2D provides a simple digital number based on the input voltage and the reference voltage - when the input voltage equals the reference voltage the value will be maximum, 255 for an 8 bit converter.

yaya..
i use power supply to set my input voltage as XX.
then from the 8 LED, it shows the 8 bits. by refer to the LED bright, i check table n get the output voltage.
there are different@

soohino said:
yaya..
i use power supply to set my input voltage as XX.
then from the 8 LED, it shows the 8 bits. by refer to the LED bright, i check table n get the output voltage.
there are different@

Give some examples, as it is you're not giving us any information at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back