Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD8333 IC chip....for I/Q demodulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hykwei

Hi everyone:

Does anyone have any experience on using this chip? Basiclly it is an IC that integrate the entire I/Q demodulation circuit into a chip...

And in general, which circuit will have a better performance...an IC chip? or an equivalent circuit which involves with many op-amps, mixers...etc?

or it depends...?

Thank you guys for helping me answering these questions...

hi hykwei,
Can you post a link, save us trawling the net??

hi,
If I had the choice, I would choose an integrated version of the device.
Its got a smaller footprint on the pcb, the internal 'die' is at the same temperature, the internal resistors are usually laser trimmed,
its less prone to pick up external noise [compared to interconnecting wires/tracks].

It probably consumes less power, its a proven circuit, its well supported technically,.....................

In my opinion, its a no contest decision.

Does this help?

THx for ur help...m really appreciated...but I still hav one more about this chip: if you go to the website and read the parameter of the chip carefully...I notice that Analog device only have the 32-Lead LFCSP (Lead Frame Chip Scale Package) package(5mm x 5mm)...which is extremely small....can anyone giv me an idea that how do I talk to the chip? (soldering on PCB...I really don't think it can be done manually...)

THX!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back