Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Acupuncture Point Detector Help Need

Status
Not open for further replies.

raja1

Dear all,
I need to make acupuncture point detector. So I search through internet and I found below circuit
**broken link removed**
I used D400 for VT1, VT2 & VT3, but unfortunately circuit is not working,
Can some one help me to create this circuit correctly or if you have working Acupuncture Point Detector circuit please share with me.

Thank you,

I guess that it needs someone who knows about acupuncture to tell us what the circuit is supposed to be detecting.

As far as I can tell, the circuit will respond to a change in resistance between the two probes.

Exactly what the 555 is doing is not clear, and the circuit around VT3 looks to be not very well designed.

JimB

**broken link removed**

Maybe that ground tube is connecte to Vcc?

i also seen this circuit, but there is lot of problem in making this circuit
The circuit is simple for anybody to make. The tested person is connected to the positive battery terminal by the grounding tube.
But since some people are tone-deaf and cannot hear the difference between different pitches (frequencies) then they cannot use this circuit.

I don’t understand usage of p1 and p2 and other problem is I cannot find the p1 10M and T1 2SC734 in local market

I don’t understand usage of p1 and p2 and other problem is I cannot find the p1 10M and T1 2SC734 in local market
It is obvious that P2 adjusts the average voltage at the probe before it contacts skin (to set a certain frequency) and P1 adjusts the sensitivity to resistance change of the skin.

A 10M trimpot can be ordered from Digikey because they do not stock it. A full size 10M pot is available and is in stock.

Many little NPN transistors can replace the Japanese one, look at its datasheet for its maximum allowed collector current.

As a circuit for sensing change in skin resistance it should work. Whether or not that is useful in acupuncture procedures is debatable.

The simple ohm-meter circuit makes a buzzing sound. The pitch (frequency) of the buzz increases when there is a lower resistance between the probe and the common positive wire (the skin resistance).
It can also be a lie detector. When some people say a lie then they sweat which reduces their skin resistance. But many people sweat when they say the embarrassing truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back