Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Short Farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric:

As a moderator you were always a gentleman. Please continue contributing to ETO. Your help and support are highly appreciated.

PRPROG

While I've not always seen eye to eye with you for your moderating, I'd like to thank you for the time and effort you've put into moderating the forum Eric.

I know from first hand experience it isn't an easy job and you rarely please everyone.

Enjoy the peace and quiet :D

Hi Eric,
I hope you get a chance to revisit this thread.
I can't begin to thank you enough for all the help you have given me over the last few years.
You certainly earned my respect and admiration in the way you kept things moving in this forum.
It never ceased to amaze me that you would take your time to answer newbie questions when no one else would pick them up.
It has been a pleasure to work with you and I hope to see you more in the future!
Thanks again!

Hi Eric--

I know you and I have had our misunderstandings and issues on multiple occasions, but I would very much hate to see you go. You have made many huge contributions to this site and I have admired you for it. If you left this site you'd leave a huge hole, and you'd be sorely missed. If you truly want to leave I will respect your decision, but I would personally ask you to reconsider. I hope you don't feel driven out by the members here. You have many supporters here who would also hate to see you go. I just hope you will remain and continue to make contributions to the forum.

Best wishes to you, Eric, regardless of your final decision. And please remember that you are always welcome here.

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt

Cold enough out there in the USA for you???

Here, we are overheating. Summer here with hot temps and humidity and then rain and all. Cant win.

Regards,
tvtech

Very disappointed at ETO asking Eric to step down, when as an outside observer he appears to have done nothing wrong, whilst contributing so much.

A true gentlemen, and an excellent engineer. Sad to see him leave ETO.

I communicated with Eric a little before all this drama started. He was at that stage not sure if he should stay in England or come to Sunny SA...

I believe he is right here in SA right now. With his family/son on the farm What a remarkable person.....

He pulled this Forum up on all fronts as far as quality of posts go and generally everything. An absolute workhorse at the age of 85 years.

This whole thing has cut me to the bone.

I feel terrible about all. You simply don't throw people away like that......

All us up and coming "smart people" think we are clever........nah. We "think" we know it all....we know squat.

This whole saga is an absolute disgrace. You simply do not do that to people.

tvtech

Eric I'll miss your post I always looked for them. Hope you still come back and post . But I understand how it could make you not want to.
Thanks for all you have done here and the time you put in wish you the best.
Burt

Eric:

I kinda know the feeling. Not coming back to a forum in which I had very limited moderator powers. I was not asked to leave, but stopped contributing unless it was a previous thread, so I lost the moderator powers, but still am an esteemed member.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Eric, I remember the avatar you had when I first got here. :)

The perfect English Gentleman with exceptional class to boot. I recall thinking you were a very good choice for moderator when that time came along. You had countless hours of great material invested before you were ever a moderator here.

During the last year I haven't been here much and so much seems to have changed. The last year leading to my retirement was really busy and my time for leisure forums was non-existent. Even now, I haven't been in this lounge section in ages. Thus, again I am late.

Eric, I do hope you will hang around as you bring a lot to the table. Should you choose otherwise I wish you all that is good.

Ron

I don't spend much time in the forum like I did in the past, so I'm amiss of what's transpired. After reading all of the above, I'm still confused as to what and why but, I will say that I always enjoyed Eric's contributions to various threads in the past.

Same here, some members could get me flared up so I started to avoid it. I'll miss Eric's insights and posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back