Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A good tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricktran

Hi,
I am using MPLab to write assembly code for 16F877. I wonder if there is any tool that can help me to write assembly easier? What I mean is, or example with Java, using JBuilder, when I type something, the software will try to Guess/ predict/ help me to automatically complete the syntax. So I just need to remember Action for ActionListner, for example, the tool will complete it for me.
Thanks

You meant high level languages compiler? There are many compilers such as Basic, and CCS C.. You can search on microchip sites. However, as I know they are all sold, not free.

I'm using CCS C and MPASM, and I feel MPASM is always good. Once, I tried to use C, but it cannot be optimized as writing in ASM. After that, I came back to use ASM.

Writing ASM for PIC is so easy because it has only about 35 instructions.

Uhm, I mean an assembly tool write code.
As you said, there are only 35 instructions. But still I feel hard. I reckon because I lack of basic knowledge, structure of programs. :( Need to read more then.
PS: MPLAB does not help me much in writing code. I mean it does not automatically complete the commands. :roll:

Try to remember the full name of the commands, you will then automatically know the short names. For example

BTFSS

is hard to remember, but if you remeber the full name

Bit Test File Skip if Set

You will remember it better. Find the full names for all instructions and you're off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back