Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5000watt amp project schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike03

This is a schematic of a amp that i want to put together ,which is not the first project for me.I would like for the professional amp designers to have a look at the schematic and see if its genuine and to see if there are areas that needs to be updated
104-5,000W_power_amplifier.jpg

Seems like the "WARNING" paragraph says it all.

Ken

A mains-connected speaker terminal is criminal.

Read between the lines: there is no claim that this amplifier has ever been constructed.

It looks like a very dangerous project to me, firstly the claim "this circuit is exclusively for amateur use"

Amateurs should not be experimenting with mains voltages, especially when they are not sure what they are doing and could kill themselves.

5 kW at 120 or 240 Volts would also cause fuses to blow and 2 ohm speakers to burn out.

It looks like better to stay away from this project and certainly don't get conned in buying it from whoever is trying to sell it.

Thanks for your post but I work at a generating plant and I know the danger of high voltage especially smoothing dc voltages on the caps rails of the amp power supply rails.The amp diagram says 2500watt@2 ohms per chan,I also know that no driver known to me can withstand that amount of power.on the other hand I will be employing a 8ohm load in series paralell of my drivers.

Thanks for your post but I work at a generating plant and I know the danger of high voltage especially smoothing dc voltages on the caps rails of the amp power supply rails.The amp diagram says 2500watt@2 ohms per chan,I also know that no driver known to me can withstand that amount of power.on the other hand I will be employing a 8ohm load in series parallel of my drivers.

Stick a few of these on it and your good to go! **broken link removed** :D

Two 5000 watt amplifiers, 200 pounds of speakers and your subcompact car is ready to go. My amp is bigger than yours!

22 power transistors on one heat sink. This is a big project! National makes ‘all in one parts’ 50 to 100 watt amplifiers. Then move up to 500 watts. I would not start this with out a good supply of money and time.

The power supply is very clever and lethal.

I have a rack box with two 1000 watt amplifiers + four 100 watt amplifiers for the monitor speakers + EQ + limiters. The box must be wheeled onto the stage it is so heavy. We have high efficiency speakers. The amplifiers never really get worked hard. Good speakers and a limiter makes a big difference.

I have a rack box with two 1000 watt amplifiers + four 100 watt amplifiers for the monitor speakers + EQ + limiters. The box must be wheeled onto the stage it is so heavy. We have high efficiency speakers. The amplifiers never really get worked hard. Good speakers and a limiter makes a big difference.

Why on Earth would you need that much power, what is your venue, the Cleveland Browns Stadium ?

Rod Elliot has a 2500W amplifier that uses enough output transistors (18 of them). **broken link removed**
Your amplifier will melt its few output transistors.
Most circuits from Electronic-Lab melt the transistors.

For some car audio competitions they fill the doors and body cavity of the cars with concrete and have enough peak power to run a house. The measured value is decibles at a specific frequency. Quiet often the electronics don't survive the competition and they're obviously not drivable. Also if anyone were actually IN the car when they turned the system on it would kill a person instantly from the massive internal pressure differentials, internal organs and any air filled cavities would basically implode or explode.

I suspect that power is relative to what you want or do. I am 35 and I wouldn't hesitate to still have a 1000 W RMS capable system in car and I have near that in my house just for the main home theater system but hat doesn't mean I run them with them turned up all the way all the time though.

In my brothers DJ business his shows dont run with much less than 3000 watts.
For a big show they will run the smaller shows amps and speakers together along with borrowed gear and easily double or triple that wattage.

I dont see any problem with someone wanting a 5000 watt amplifier. They obviously make speakers that can handle that much power for a reason! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back