Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 pin to 3 without losing functionality

Arundel8

Hi all,

I’m working on a project that uses a motor throttle and speed controller. There’s only one problem: the speed controller has three pins (see pictures for help) whilst the throttle has five. There is a red black and green wire for the throttle and then two more, presumably for the “on off” function.

I would really like to connect the throttle and speed controller up but don’t want to lose the “on off” functionality of the throttle. Is this possible? If so, how do you go about doing it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0839.jpeg
    IMG_0839.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0838.jpeg
    IMG_0838.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0841.jpeg
    IMG_0841.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
My understanding is that throttle motors are stepper motors. Someone correct me if this is incorrect. Your motor control appears to be one for a brushed DC motor.
A totally different beast.

I got it now!
I was thinking about the stepper motor that controls the throttle in a gas engine.
You are talking about a throttle pedal. To control a DC motor.

I misunderstood.

But to your question: does the throttle has a wiring diagram or schematic?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back