Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

30 Yr Old Mazda Radio Repair

craigne

Trying to repair the radio in a 30 year old Mazda RX7 to keep it all original. I've pulled what I believe to be the amp board out of the radio and I've replaced all of there leaking capacitors. In doing so, the coil in the picture crumbled. One lead of the coil is still intact the other side was broken off. I was able to find a hair of the other lead and solder a post to it. Just wondering what the purpose of the coil is and if I can substitute something else for it. I don't have a schematic, the coil says 561K, H24 below that.

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 67
  • coil.2.jpeg
    coil.2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
It's probably for noise suppression, so just linking it out would probably work. If it is between the +ve end of each of the two electrolytic capacitors, it is definitely for noise suppression.

I would get a 560 µH inductor with as large a current rating as you can that will fit the space.

Thanks, I got a replacement, and replaced all of the leaking capacitors and the 25 yr old radio still doesn't work, so opting for a new radio.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back