Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 acts in a row!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

Planned myself a busy start to December. I found out Josh Rouse was coming to the UK so I booked tickets to see him at Bristol Academy on the 5th - he's a really cool guy I'm looking forward to that.
Then I found out our very own Manic Street Preachers were playing here in the capital of Wales on the 6th. Couldn't pass up that opportunity. So I booked tickets.
Now tonight I find out Ocean Colour Scene are playing in Bristol Academy on the 7th.

3 acts in a row it is then!!!

Brian

Nice! Your going to be tired...

LOL who is REO speedwagon?

The only concert I ever went to was in '69 or so..
We went to see the Iron Butterfly of Inna Gadda Davida (sp?) fame. It was way too crowded and I vowed to never go to another..

About 2 weeks ago i went and saw a loverboy concert. It was free admission (payed for by the city). It was pretty sweet. I heard rumors that E.L.O. might be doing a concert around here somewhere in the near future...

OH!!! I just downloladed some "free" music of REO speedwagon, Ive heard this before...

Marks256 said:
About 2 weeks ago i went and saw a loverboy concert. It was free admission (payed for by the city...

I had no idea Loverboy was still together or touring:eek: We sure get the most rockin' acts here in southern MN, don't we:rolleyes:

Brian, I have never heard of any of those poeple.......:eek:

Andy, I'll forgive you for the Manics and Ocean Colour Scene - they're UK groups (the Manics are Welsh).
But Josh Rouse is one of your own!!! His music isn't part of the bubble-gum pop scene that all the teenagers seem to like though, so he won't be plastered all over MTV or anything like that. He's good though, you should check him out!

Brian

At both Judas Priest concerts I attended, I walked away hearing impaired for no less than 2 days. The one concert, we drank so much in the parking lot prior to its start that I slept through more than half of it!:mad:

HiTech said:
At both Judas Priest concerts I attended, I walked away hearing impaired for no less than 2 days. The one concert, we drank so much in the parking lot prior to its start that I slept through more than half of it!:mad:

My loudest concert ever was Aerosmith. It was so loud that I needed ear plugs to make everything intelligible. Pantera and Slayer are a distant second and third.

Marilyn Manson, in the mosh pit right by the stage speakers. My ears rang for three days.

Sceadwian said:
Marilyn Manson, in the mosh pit right by the stage speakers. My ears rang for three days.

You'd think the health & safety lot would jump all over something like that wouldn't you. If you go deaf in later life, would you have a claim that live concerts damaged your hearing? I've never seen any warnings on tickets...

Brian

I remember hearing that Fog Hat's ears were bleeding after a concert.

ThermalRunaway said:
You'd think the health & safety lot would jump all over something like that wouldn't you. If you go deaf in later life, would you have a claim that live concerts damaged your hearing? I've never seen any warnings on tickets...

I thought in the UK it was often limited these days?, with some clubs actually having monitors that trip the mains to the stage if it goes too loud.

Loud music is good (at least in proper, healthy doses). The bass was so loud at the loverboy concert you could feel it in your stomach! :) My poor little sub woofer at home can only give off a fraction of that... :( I already killed my front left satellite speaker, as well...

Nigel Goodwin said:
I thought in the UK it was often limited these days?, with some clubs actually having monitors that trip the mains to the stage if it goes too loud.

If they are limited, then I'd hate to go to a club at a time BEFORE they were limited!

Not that I'm complaining as such, just that health & safety or the politically correct group seem to jump all over everything else these days - I'm suprised they haven't tried to spoil our fun at concerts and clubs as well.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back