Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2N4401 substitute on india/Dhaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamun2a

Dear all,
I need substitute transistor of 2N4401 for india, dhaka(bangladesh), china region.

thanks, mamun2a

thank u 4 reply soon.
but i'm afraid of getting 2n series trans. do u sure our region has available this series, bcoz I found these on only us/europian electronics circuits.

thanks, mamun2a

Depends on the application. If the current draw is not too high, use a BC547.

I have found 2N5401 transistors (these are rated for 150V operation) were available in Bangalore (about 2 years ago), they are fairly standard parts.

I'm out of electronics market long time ago, now its totaly on demand.
i want to build low batt. (AA x1 or 2 ) led flashlight so i search sub or 2n4401.
c 548/c 828 is available our market. is there any online sub. table of transistor?

thanks

Hi
2n5401 is of other type (PNP)-you may get hold of 2n5551 from recovered telephone instruments-dial circuit.
548 can be used provided it meets Vceo parameter is within the limits of your working voltage.

perhaps bc 547 may also be available-- checkout polarity while soldering

Last edited:
hello mamun
I am from bangladesh, of course 2n2222 transistor is available at
dhaka, it will cost 20tk- 30tk each , search at sabium electronics dhaka stadium.good luck.

maqsud

thanks maqsud

its 16 yrs pass i last go to sabium, ne way i guess ican hold ur contact no. for suggestion in quick. mw is at 01817 680852:D

Please post a schematic so we know what you want the transistor for.

here the dia

see the dia

Attachments

• dclit.gif
    dclit.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 608
That isn't critical, any small pnp transistor will do, try the BC560.

Hi
you try 2N5551 and follow the pin out as per datasheet. this part is generally available in INdian and Bangladesh markets

That circuit is so simple and uses such low voltage and low current that it will work with any little NPN transistor.
Our other topic has nearly the same circuit:

Attachments

• flashlight.GIF
    flashlight.GIF
    32.3 KB · Views: 777
Almost any NPN transistor should work
just fine in this circuit.

You might be able to find a Motorola
2N4275.

Also a Motorola type MPSA06 is a hefty
little--fairly high IC transistor.
Hfe approx 40

Hope this helps....Art

As far i know, 2n2222 is available and cost around 20-30 tk in dhaka, but we get c828 @3/5 tk, bc548 also 5/6 may be, is c828/bc548 is equal to 2n2222/2n4401/2n3904 or others,

and dear aguru(audioguru) do u tell me about the induction coils details, i mean ? material can be use as core.

thanks all of u.

The core for the voltage stepup circuit I posted is an ordinary ferrite bead that is used for a small inductive choke.
There is another topic on this site in the last couple of days describing it called Joule Thief so search for it here or in Google.

Sorry I didn't know where I got the PNP transistor idea from, if course that circuit uses an NPN transistor.

does bc548/c828 can be replaced wt any one of 2n2222,2n4401,2n3904,bc547,bc549?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back