Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

280mA through a logic gate :( and a PIC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

weegee

Hi there, im new to these forums, but Hi to everyone: anyway on to the problem:

I have designed a circuit that will be run from a pic processor:

**broken link removed**

The circuit that you will se is the multiplexing part, my problem is with the sinking of the Common Cathode on the display's, eg when a display is lit, the current is sinked through the 4-16 line decoder, how can I rewire this so that the output from the decoder switches the cathode to ground, rather than sinking the current directly?

any help would be greatly apprecited

Also is a PIC16F84A Running @ 4 MHz likely to be fast enough to update the display, using 7 lines as a parallel output, and 1 output as a strobe, whice counts on the binary counter, which updates the 4-6 decoder.

BTW: the 7 wires at the bottom of the diagram are the 7 parallel data outputs.

Thanks

WeeGee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back