Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1.2KVA UPS Battery Problem ? ( Will it explode or ... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menticol said:
You're right Mneary, I was thinking about it and talk about sealed NiCd it's ridiculous, because there are no "non-sealed" NiCd!
Actually, it's not ridiculous as there have been Wet NiCads for years:
https://www.globalspec.com/Featured...ries_UtilityGrade_Wet_NiCad_Batteries/23963/0
But Im still wondering, can a UPS, equiped with a (i.e.) 13.0 V. 7.0 amperes/hour Lead Acid batteries, charge and use an automotive 12V, 60 ah/hour Lead acid? And should automotive batteries be moving and shaking periodically? I mean, not to be used as stationary Battery.
A mentioned before, use a deep cycle battery which is the same type used in RVs, boats, and solar systems. Your UPS will take a long time to charge the 60Ah battery (10x as long as the little battery) so it won't work if the system is on UPS a lot and doesn't get time enough to recover between power outages. You could add an external charger which will dominate the internal one of the UPS. And no, the batteries don't have to "move" and "shake" at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back