Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZR431 imported into LTspice not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello,
Please can you tell why the ZR431 simulation in LTspice is not working?
Its attached.
I downloaded the the SUBCKT statement for ZR431 from the diodes.com website.
The symbol FOR zr431 i made myself...i numbered the pins of the symbol as in the SUBCKT statement.
I control-right-clicked the symbol and made "prefix" equal to "X" which i beleive is correct procedure.
Do you know why the sim doesnt run?

Attachments

• ZR431.asc
    1.7 KB · Views: 221
You didn't have the complete .model
Your pin order was screwed up.
I made you a symbol that works.
.Tran analysis is not appropriate.

ZR431.png

Attachments

• ZR431.asy
    564 bytes · Views: 228
  • ZR431.asc
    2.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
What do you mean by 'bias' current'?
The datasheet gives the max ref input current as 1uA, the largest min cathode current for regulation as 50uA, but does not mention 'bias' current.

The one thing, in this circuit, the ZR431 is drawing more bias current than its data sheet says it would......the PNP in this simualtion is driven on...

Try the attached. Plot V(G). I have encountered this issue with std. TI TL431s. Why should diodes, Inc be any different? Also the model you posted is pretty bad.

Attachments

• ZR431a.asc
    2.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Thanks Alec_t, by bias current i mean the bias power to activate the opamp etc inside the zr431.
Thanks MikeMI ,i will just adjust the circuit so that the 120uA of bias current doesnt mean the PNP in our circuit getting driven on. (ie i will adjust the relevant resistor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back