Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yamaha YSP 600 soundbar issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

krys_k

I posted below on avforum, but as it’s a technical question, I didn’t get any response. Perhaps folks n this forum may have more of a ken. Thanks I’m advance.

Some background - my YSP 600 wouldn't switch on at all, and having found one of the few repairers left in London was told fixing it would cost £150, not worth it when YSP 600s are for sale for £60 on eBay.

However, some googling suggested that it was a faulty capacitor located at C515. This video guided me:

I bought the following replacement capacitor: **broken link removed**

Having soldered it one way (my understanding was that it wasn't polarised) I found that the 600 still didn't switch on. I re-soldered it the other way and now it switches on for a second (so a very partial victory) before switching off again immediately. I've repeated this process numerous times and it keeps happening.

As such, may I please ask for some advice -

1. Did I damage the capacitor by connecting the wrong way round, and should I buy a new one and re-connect?

2. Or is another part damaged that is causing the 600 to switch off?

Many thanks.

Thanks for updating. Very useful.

Any idea why it may be switching off? Wonder if the capacitor I bought isn’t of the right type?

I don't think the capacitor is the issue, but troubleshooting switching power supplies is outside my area of expertise.

i used to work on Yamaha sound bars... 90% chance it's the amp is shorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back