Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yamaha DXR12 Powered Speaker Protection Light On

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBTanks

I got a Yamaha DXR12 speaker that the portection light was staying on and found 2 of the 4 mosfets (3603) bad on the Amp board. Replaced all 4 mosfets and this is my problem now and would appreciate any direction to help correct my problem. After replacing mosfets the speaker would power up and work fine, however if I turn it off and try to turn it back on the protection light would stay on and speaker doesn't work. Now if I leave the speaker off for 30 minutes and turn the speaker back on it would power up and work again. I was timing this cycle when it would start working again and 5, 10, 15, and 20 minutes wasn't long enough but at 30 minutes it would work again.

For a start check is there is any DC on the outputs of the amplifiers?, if not check the over current protection circuits - these monitor the voltage drop across low value resistors, which could have been damaged by the transistor failures.

According to the manual there are two amplifiers - so why did you replace transistors in the one that wasn't faulty?.

Should there be no dc at all or is there an amount that it shouldn't be above. I replaced four fets of same value because I removed all four to check and didn't want to put back the ok ones since I removed them. Thanks for your reply and will check the dc and current protection.

Should there be no dc at all or is there an amount that it shouldn't be above. I replaced four fets of same value because I removed all four to check and didn't want to put back the ok ones since I removed them. Thanks for your reply and will check the dc and current protection.
There should be zero volts, or very close to it - certainly well under 1v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back