Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XM Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMl

Most Helpful Member
I doubt if anyone will reply to a posting with no question

Question 1: "what is the frequency of the R.F. signal running down the XM coax?"

Question 2: "does the XM antenna require a metallic ground-plane under it?"

Question3: "If so, how big?"

Last edited:
My antenna sits on my dash,beside my GPS antenna, where there is no metal anywhere nearby.
I really dont think that cable length is important,as the antenna that came with my receiver had about 4o feet of cable attatched to it, but a $2.oo japanese generic replacement from EBay came with about 8 feet of cable, and I cannot tell the difference between it, and the original, as far as its operation.
I also use a generic replacement antenna for my garvin GPS that I purchased from EBay for $4.00 (6.00 shipping) since my GPS cannot find satellites where its mounted. The GPS almost jumps off the dash when the antenna is plugged into it, the signal strength meter goes to its maximum bars.

Last edited:
See what happens in 7 years during the solar maximum big kim only 3-4 years to go.

It doesn't look like what chris?

It doesn't look like what chris?

If you go to spaceweather.com they have added a little side bar showing the total sunspotless day. Compared to the avarage for the cycle. We should be on our way up but Not. The solar wind is at a recordred low. Could be a maulaer minaual. please pardon the spelling. If you go to the K7RA you will get a better sense of what is going on or the arrl.org site and go from there.

Looks like its goping to be little longer before we start the rise

Chris.. extended solar lows do NOT mean there will not be an uprising soon. Believe me, the solar cycles don't just decide to stop one day... It just means when it goes back up again it's going to have that much more energy to work with. I'd be more worried rather than thankful about the current extended minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back