Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XC8 135 and 7 install error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

granddad

Most Helpful Member
I have MPLABX 3.30 - XC8-132 on a win 7 (32bit) machine works fine , but any attempt to install 135 or 137 fails with an error very early on , various searches point to dll,s missing ( no) file permissions not correct ( no) ... I sort of gave up .. any ideas ?

Most have had to open a CMD window... Navigate to the relevant XC directory and manually register the DLL from there... The installation usually works up to the point of this.... Normally the MPLABIDE cannot see the installation because of the UN-registered DLL...

What is the error BTW??

Thanks Ian.. 2 seconds after MC install starts i get box says "unknown error" then error log details.. I will investigate your dll suggestion... cheers

Not happening still, the possible suspect dlls ( msvcr71 msvcp71 ) would not register, no entry point ? but hey they are not on my win7 ( 64bit) laptop and XC8 137 installs OK... investigation on hold, other irons in the fire...

Have you tried installing the microsoft Visual C runtime (or redistributable) first?

Mike.

Thanks Mike , control panel say i have ms C++ redistributable ( 4 times ! ) and NET framework , no visual C ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back