1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

XC8 135 and 7 install error ?

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers' started by granddad, Jul 1, 2016.

1. granddad

granddad Active Member

I have MPLABX 3.30 - XC8-132 on a win 7 (32bit) machine works fine , but any attempt to install 135 or 137 fails with an error very early on , various searches point to dll,s missing ( no) file permissions not correct ( no) ... I sort of gave up .. any ideas ?

2. Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

Most have had to open a CMD window... Navigate to the relevant XC directory and manually register the DLL from there... The installation usually works up to the point of this.... Normally the MPLABIDE cannot see the installation because of the UN-registered DLL...

What is the error BTW??

3. granddad

granddad Active Member

Thanks Ian.. 2 seconds after MC install starts i get box says "unknown error" then error log details.. I will investigate your dll suggestion... cheers

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. granddad

granddad Active Member

Not happening still, the possible suspect dlls ( msvcr71 msvcp71 ) would not register, no entry point ? but hey they are not on my win7 ( 64bit) laptop and XC8 137 installs OK... investigation on hold, other irons in the fire...

6. Pommie

Pommie Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Have you tried installing the microsoft Visual C runtime (or redistributable) first?

Mike.

7. granddad

granddad Active Member

Thanks Mike , control panel say i have ms C++ redistributable ( 4 times ! ) and NET framework , no visual C ...