Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

X-Cell battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

hantto

Hi, is there anything i need to know about this battery before I start charging it? On what current? (60mA 140mA 180mA 500mA) And what is a X-Cell?

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 549
The beauty of lead-acid and SLA batteries, is that they are not too fussy about how you charge them.

The best option is to consult the manafacturer - they will recommend a charging method.

Alternatively, a lot of people recommend charging at a C/5 rate (C = capacity in Ah). So for a 5 Ah battery, charge at 1A. Another common charging rate is C/20, or C/100 (250mA and 50mA, respectively).

Some manafacturers may specify a constant voltage charge. However, I would only use this if the battery is not severely depleted. A REALLY flat battery may be damaged by too much current.

thats right. "smart" chargers start with a small current then big and then small again or something like this. if you havent used it for a long time, aybe you shpuld try a small current, 250-500mA, because i think that charging it at 1A will probaly destroy it if it has been uncharged or unused for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back