Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

would this circuit work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

settra

Hello forum ! I want to create a circuit, that will produce a 12v output signal, when my car alarm in NOT armed..

So, what i have :
An aftermarket alarm system, that only has a GND output, when the system IS armed..
Also, it produces 12v square pulse, when the systems is arming/de-arming for the doors to lock/unlock

What i want :
To have a 12v signal (that will be used to drive some relays maybe) ,when the car alarm is not armed.
And the whole circuit should not be consuming any current at all, when the car alarm is armed...

i have come up with the following circuit :

will it do what i want?? what tipe of transistor should i use?? (MOS or BJB , and N or P ) ?? thanks !
any feedback is appriciated !

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
I don't see the car alarm contacts in your circuit. :confused:

lol :p yes forgot to change it.... i will fix it, but in the meantime assume that the label "door signal" is where the pulse to unlock the doors comes from, and the "IGN kill" switch is the pin that is grounded when the alarm is armed !

I don't think well from written descriptions of a circuit, so please redraw it with the correct connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back