Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
Hi folks, just stopping in for a bit. I know this is wayyyy off topic but has anyone here played World of Warcraft and stopped? I've picked up playing again a little bit and I was looking to play around with multiboxing (multiple games on the same machine) Problem is there's no way in hell I'm gonna pay for another full copy of the game. If anyone has an old account they don't use anymore that they wouldn't mind giving away or allow someone else to use for a short time I'd be interested. I want to use a scroll of recall to get a 10 day free BC trial on a second account to play around with the multiboxing.

I have. That game will take your soul and charge you a monthly fee for it. You should stop.

Last edited:
Technically you're right blueroom, but only because they don't charge anything for the game disks =) What you're purchasing is a license to play the game, not the game itself. As of current pricing the basic game license + the Burning Crusade addon is 40 bucks. Another 40 bucks for the Wrath of the Lich King upgrade. So that's 80 bucks to get a second account. There are a lot of people I'm sure that stopped playing during the Burning Crusades addon, which is what I'm looking for, because that would save 40 bucks by recycling an account someone isn't even using and because of the 'scroll of recall' deal they have going on the first month + 10 days on the second account would be free which would help me determine if it's worth it to me to actually pay for a second subscription. And there's nothing wrong with the game as long as long as you control your time on it, a second games mitigates the problems I have solo leveling late at night when there are very few people on letting me spend less time doing more. I've been playing it since about the middle of Burning Crusades and it hasn't taken over my life yet =)

I've been playing it since about the middle of Burning Crusades and it hasn't taken over my life yet =)

"I've been the Prince of Darkness since 1979 (and it has taken over my life)"...Ozzie...

I love that advert...:D

Last edited:
Age of Empires 2 substantially lowered my GPA in college. :p

Still play it on occasion against the kids. Great re-playability.

From what i've seen of WOW... i'm not interested in grinding for months to increase levels.

I saw 3 friends fail out of engineeering because of WoW. I failed a course (though that could have been due to being involved in the ballroom dance club as well).

And there's nothing wrong with the game as long as long as you control your time on it...I've been playing it since about the middle of Burning Crusades and it hasn't taken over my life yet =)

Drunks and addicts say that too. I bet you can stop whenever you want right? Can't trust the opinion of a person under the influence about the substance itself.

Last edited:
As a part-time gamer myself, I'm fortunate that I can ration my online gaming time. There are some STAT sites that list dates and times of players and I'm amazed the huge amounts of time spent gaming by some. Makes me think they do nothing but eat, play games, and sleep just a little. What's worse is some of these punks spending $70 or so to download a cheat program with Aimbot, teleporting, etc. Sheesh, how sad is that?:(

At my previous place of employment we had someone who claimed to have a sleeping disorder... that's why he was falling asleep at his desk. Come to find out... he was gaming till 5am or so then dragging his corpse into work at 8am. Doesn't take long for that to catch up with you. And doesn't take long for the employer to show you the door either.

My wife and I got caught up in the gaming trap playing BF1942, days and months were lost. We decided to go cold turkey and deleted all games from our machines. It is easy to get caught in a world where you may be a champion, but one must take a look at the effect playtime has.

I think video games can be addictive as one forgets the outside world, it is somewhat like a drug I suppose, but overuse of anything is toxic, even water...

Last edited:
I think video games can be addictive as one forgets the outside world, it is somewhat like a drug I suppose, but overuse of anything is toxic, even water...

So here we all sit as a collection of retiree's, self employed, unemployed, and just dont care about our jobs types. Chatting away all the while we are secretly racking up ego points as we pit our individual talents, knowledge and life experiences against the evil forces of ignorance, incompetence, misinformation and laziness. :eek:

So whats your ego score? :p

Mines almost to high for its own good. :eek:

Dk I'm sorry to say but that is not the typical experience. I play cause it's fun, the people I party with in game have either a good sense of humor, a fair sense of play, willingness to learn, and sometimes like to talk about their personal lives, if not I simply don't play with them. Sure it's just an hour a day spent spanking bosses but it's fun for me.

Still looking for anyone here that might have an old BC account they've let sit idle and still remember the password and email to it. Cause it's a free second account even for just a month. If not, no bother I'll just reactivate my brother-in-law's account, it'll only cost me 15 dollars for 1 month, just trying to save a few pennies =)

Last edited:
Video games, and computer games, and all that crap is a waste of time. It is by far much better to exersize your brain rather than indulge yourself on such games.

I wasted 3 years of my life playing Diablo 2 Expansion
I highly regret the wasted time.

Haha, I'm quite different. I played Diablo 2 expac obsessively in High School. It taught me a lot about the real world, especially in the field of economics, bartering, and how to deal with strangers and issues of trust. I lost a lot and learned a lot in that game, and have applied the skills learned on a regular basis.

Agreed, it made me a smarter people person, I learned how to see what somebody is thinking through their writing. Will be a vital skill at some point in life.

Does it work?
What am I thinking now? ;)
What was I thinking on other posts? :confused:

Haha, I'm quite different. I played Diablo 2 expac obsessively in High School. It taught me a lot about the real world, especially in the field of economics, bartering, and how to deal with strangers and issues of trust. I lost a lot and learned a lot in that game, and have applied the skills learned on a regular basis.

Perhaps there may be a bit of truth in what you say as one may gain insight into the human thinking playing this game, albeit I would not recommend that someone should spend valuable productive hours of their life playing this game in pursuit of gaining knowledge.

I think instead I would recommend learning in the real world and at the same time be productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back