Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wondering if this schematic works

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiz115

and what's the positives and negatives if you compare it with a colpitts
1 transistor FM transmitter?

thanks

Attachments

• 7413.jpg
    7413.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 404
atleast it oscillates right?

from my stand point as a newbie i believe it's pointless since the same job can be done with a single transistor which uses much less space...

but i don't know if it is more stable than a transistor oscillator...
probably not because in case you aproach the antenna you'll add
directly to the oscillator and the frequency will change.

probably it's nice for show off...so you can prove that you can manipulate
component properties and you give new functionalities..

Last edited:
atleast it oscillates right?
-------------------------------------------
probably it's nice for show off...so you can prove that you can manipulate
component properties and you give new functionalities..
It would show that one has no respect for the radio spectrum. :mad:

Last edited:
So far no one's said why it's rubbish.

It's a crappy circuit because it produces a squarewave which is rich in harmonics and will spread interferance all over the radio spectrum.

Aside from that, pin usage on the chip appear to be all wrong. Mic inputs to nand gate but output of gate is tied to some quasi funky common of all pins. Circuit is just, well not right.

I do not see how this thing could have worked at all.

Attachments

• 74ls13.gif
    74ls13.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
:D
so it doesn't work at all?

I find the circuit to be absurd. or to put it in other terms; It is crap, garbage, junk, spew, rubbish, nonsensical, silly, painfully unthoughtful, and lacking insight. In other words, the circuit is garbage and I fail to understand why it was not disposed of while the dumpster truck approached it's vicinity.

Perhaps you should build that futile circuit, just so you learn, not all web sites post decent material.

Perhaps you should build that futile circuit, just so you learn, not all web sites post decent material.

I can't build something which isn't working so i can find out that it isn't working...

i did such thing at my very first steps on electronics...and you know what?? i quited electronics for atleast a year!

Here's the schematic with the gates.

It looks like it will oscillate but I can't see it having an FM. I don't know may be the Schmitt trigger thresholds might change if the voltage on a neighbouring input is varied?

It certainly is a rubbish circuit and will produce lots of harmonics.

Attachments

• crap xmitter.PNG
    crap xmitter.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 478
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back