Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Witch Graphics LCD do you recommand for new design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluex_scf

Hi,
I have seen a lot of graphic lcd on the market (nokia3310, nokia6100, KS0108,...)
Witch is the best?
Witch is the best language to use them with easy?

tkx

Thank you Pommie. Looks Very interresting. I'l try to investigate that.
Yesturday I found some threads speaking about GLCD on mikroElektronika web site forums.
They have nice libraries for graphic lcd in their compilers.

How do you draw pictures and text fonts?

bluex_scf said:
Yesturday I found some threads speaking about GLCD on mikroElektronika web site forums.
They have nice libraries for graphic lcd in their compilers.

How do you draw pictures and text fonts?
Yes, they have nice libraries for GLCDs and also an editor for bitmaps.
In the main window of the compiler click Tools -> GLCD Bitmap Editor. Supported controllers are: KS0108, T6363, 3310 (PCD8544). Try loading their sample bitmaps.
Have fun

EDIT: typo corrected

Last edited:
bluex_scf said:
It seems that they have created a tool for drawing big characters.

As I said, you can use the tool available with the compiler. Have you installed it? you can draw anything you like.

tkx eng1.
I have quoickly installed mikrobasic and I tested the bitmap editor. It's very realistic.
I'll try all that this weekend.

thkx

Have you looked at Swordfish https://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Swordfish.Modules#GLCD

It has a very good lib of graphical LCD's from the Samsung to S1D13700

And SWright has done a good lot of work with a touch screen follow this thread

**broken link removed**

You will note that the author of GLCD Font creator did the Swordfish version for free as he loves the compiler so much.

Here's some more links to plugins for GLCD's https://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=SwordfishUser.Plugins

bluex_scf said:
hi blueroomelectronics
I visited your web site. How do you make 3D pcb rendering? circuits presents very well

They're drawn using Sketchup. There is a free Google Sketchup too.
This regulator can be found free (not my design) but a nice model.
**broken link removed**

Nigel Goodwin said:
Yet his profile says his last 'visit' was 16th June?, I wonder what they mean?.
I was referring to the 'Last activity', that is the last time you were using the forum. 'Last visit' is the time (when you logged-off, I guess) before your last session, actually the last visit but one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back