Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wiring thermostat to solid state relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuee123

Hi, I have a spa with a pump/heater, its 240c 9amp. I want to change so ican set a temp and it just turns off the pump when it gets to temp.

I have purchased a xh-w3002 12v/120w and also another xh-w3001 220v 1500w temp controller and also a SSR-40 DA relay.
Could someone please tell me the correct way to connect this, the relay out i will cut an extension lead so i have the plug socket for the pump.

Thanks in advance.

You need a 12 V power supply for the xh-w3002 12v. You then connect the output of the xh-w3002 12v to the input of the SSR-40 DA.

The output of the SSR-40 DA needs to be connected in series with the pump / heater.

so basically like this. this is what i was thinking too, but better to ask before :)
Screenshot_18.jpg

This is your controller, The 12 vdc Version. This is your SSR requiring 3 - 32 VSC control input. The controller output is the black and yellow pair. On the SSR the yellow (+) goes to pin labeled 3 and the black (-) goes to pin labeled 4. The SSR link shows Application Hints. The mains supply has the SSR in series with the load. The load is your heater.

The only possible problem is if the controller uses an SSR output it may have some leakage current which may be enough to keep the load SSR on. If this happens just get a 12 volt automotive lamp and place it across pins 3 & 4 of the load SSR. That or a load resistance can be placed across the load SSR control pins 3 & 4.

Ron

so basically like this. this is what i was thinking too, but better to ask before :)
View attachment 136612
Yes.

The mains is ac, so there is no + and - , it is just live and neutral. Live should connect where you have "+" and neutral where you have "-" but to avoid electric shocks you should treat all the 240 V wiring as potentially live anyhow.

Reloadron makes a good point. You can use the smallest possible automotive bulb. There is no need to have a large bulb. One of the little 1.2W panel lights would be fine, as long as it is a real incandescent light with a filament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back