Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring a switch to a 8528157 Washer Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanDP

Hello, new here, glad I found this forum though!
I am working on a pottery wheel for the wife and have it 90% of the way there, and need to finish up the switching mechanism between high/medium(low) speeds, I have the wiring diagrams below of both circuits and my combined attempt to figure it out which I think might work (correct me if I'm wrong!) but my question is, the switch I have is an on-off-on double pole 20 amp toggle switch, with the switch in the OFF position the red(capacitor starter?) and yellow circuit (starter neutral?) would still be live, would that be okay with it being a complete circuit and ground, or should I just get an on-on toggle switch and a secondary (or rather primary) on/off switch? Not sure if having a live starter circuit would kick on constantly or just hum until the coils are charged with the switch.

Hope this all makes sense! Thank you for looking.

High Speed
High Speed.jpg
Low Speed
Low Speed.jpg
Combined Switch
Combined Switch.png

I'd suggest a three position cam switch rather than a toggle switch.

You can get those with multiple poles, so you could isolate everything in the off position.

Example - a three pole centre off one; you can us the third pole to enable "live" if either speed is selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back