Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring a hospital pillow speaker to work with a commercial TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barmed

I am trying to use a commercial television with a hospital style pillow-speaker. The Hospital Grade TVs have a special port that is added to allow the hospital call-station to be hooked in to control the tv by wire. This special feature adds about $500 to the cost of a tv.

I would like to be able to take the wired signal from the pillow speaker and convert it to an IR signal that could control the TV. I only need to control the Volume, Channels and Power.

Any thoughts on the subject would be appricated. I am a novice at IC circuits. I would like to find a solution that is very inexpensive and easy to build.

The easiest way may be to take the guts of a small universal IR remote such as this **broken link removed** and wire it to the pillow speaker buttons.

Thanks for the idea. I will purchase one and see if I can make it work.

If anyone has any other ideas please share them with me. I want as many options as I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back