Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Video Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
Does anyone know how the military transmits video signals over such long distances? I guess television stations do this all the time but they have massive towers.

The thing is, all the long-range transmitters I see (like 40km ranges) are digital, but all the video transmitters I see are short-range analog (like 100 feet-2km or so). Maybe it is a radio band licensing issue, but how do they transmit wireless video over such long ranges? Analog? Digital? Satellite? What?

ie. I want to have a image processing stuff on a robot but I want to do it on a computer at ranges that exceed what a regular analog wireless video transmitter can support.

I'm more curious as to whether it's more likely to be analog or digital. To see if it's worth trying to find something digital of the same range of a wireless analog system.

dknguyen said:
I'm more curious as to whether it's more likely to be analog or digital. To see if it's worth trying to find something digital of the same range of a wireless analog system.

Makes no difference really, but I would expect anything modern to probably be digital?. I don't think there are any digital video transmitters available for domestic use?, not even digital RF modulators - basically it's FAR too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back