Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Temperature Sensor Chip? Does it exist and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubdh23

Hi, Part of my senior design project requires me to record the temperature of rooms 15 feet away from my main controller. I do not wont to run wires all over the place so i was wondering if there is a temperature sensor chip that transmitts the infortmation and comes with a reciever. ? Anyone know of this sort of chip? Iv been looking on the net and have not been able to find. [/list]

I can't believe that you would go to the trouble of encoder, transmitter, receiver & decoder, just to avoid running 15 feet of wire! It is not something off the shelf, you will have to design and build it.

I thought that maybe there is a chip that can transmit the temperature information much like a remote which comes with a receiver. Maybe using IR signals. I would think that is a pretty common chip that would have many applications. But actually it would have to be in the line of sight of the controller for it to work so maybe i will just use my DS 1620's. Thanks for your help.

Wireless thermometers seem to be quite common nowadays.

Here is one for the aquarium trade.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back