Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

edrich

hi
I need a circuit of some sort that can work as a wireless serial port for my robo.
it needn't be fast, only reliable over at least 10meters and have no SMD's or har to find components.

I live in south africa, where finding components are quite hard

thanx

edd

edrich said:
hi
I need a circuit of some sort that can work as a wireless serial port for my robo.
it needn't be fast, only reliable over at least 10meters and have no SMD's or har to find components.

I live in south africa, where finding components are quite hard

You could do it via radio, or via IR - but 10m is pushing IR somewhat.

I would suggest you use licence free radio modules, they are available at quite reasonable cost. You can get them as basic radio modules, and use PIC's or similar for your own encoding/decoding system. Or you can can more expensive ones which have this already included in the modules.

The modules vary somewhat from country to country, so you probably need to source them in South Africa, or at least find out which types are allowed there.

but these modules are like hens teeth here in SA and it works out prettey epencive whan one wants t import.
we have a exchange rate of 1USD buys R6
so that is not a option.
prehaps someone can supply me with a link to a schematic for a rf device that uses the RFpic's?

thanx

edd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back