Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless power transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badar

Hi.
I happened to read a magzine of electronics may be EVERYDAY PRACTICAL ELECTRONICS.There was an add of an extension board so that we could power our appliances through that extension board having no cords.
How is this possible? If it is possible what method might have been used.

With large amounts of power it's not possible. All wireless power transfer methods are essentially inductivly coupled for short distances or RF based, they waste exponentially increasing amounts of power as the distance increases.

To boldly go where no one has gone before . . . .

Hi Badar,

I have one question, was it the april issue ? :D

on1aag.

I think that the RFID tags use the RF field generated by the reader to generate the DC power needed to activate the RFID card. Low power of course but it is a working tech....

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back