Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless mic/transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it going to be one way to if not a radio?:rolleyes:

I assume by 'without the radio' you mean 'not using commercial RF frequencies' ? OR do you mean without using any form of radio communication whatsoever? In which case, you're left with infra-red :D Doesn't always mean line of sight, but usually does.

Blueteeth

How about using a baby monitor then? =)

You already know the baby monitor works.... Why re-invent the wheel? The challenge isn't doing it yourself, it's doing something that no one has done before.

I'm still confused about the 'without the radio' bit. What radio? You mean you would like to transmit your microphone audio to a specfic 'box', that can't be picked up by any other radio (unless they build one themselves). ?

Well depending on your country, and if quality isn't the issue, I would use one of those schematics you see everywhere on the web for 'wireless bug'. Sure, they *usually* transmitter in the 88Mhz to 108Mhz FM band...but why can't you just detune it above or below that? That means no commercial radio could pick it up. I think 109Mhz+ is an aircraft band, but I doubt planes will hear you singing karaoke :)

As I said, not legal, but pretty simple and the quality can be surprisingly good. For the reciever you would just need a standard commercial FM radio, and modify it so you can tune outside of the normal band.

Last edited:
After much research, I got it.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back