Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless communication device project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOlaf

hello, I'm new to this forum and I have very little experience with electronics. I'm here because I tried searching the internet for a device similar to the one I imagined with no avail. So hopefully someone here could point me in the right direction of a device that already exists or suggestions otherwise.

Background Info:
I'm a swimming pool tech. During the fall when we close pools we operate a blower that blows the water out of the plumbing. One person operates the blower and the other installs plugs. The blower is very noisy and there isn't typically line of site between the workers. So basically the workers can't hear each other or see each other to communicate

Project Idea:
So what I wanted to find/build was a device that could be worn on the wrist with about 4 led lights almost like a traffic signal. The devices would communicate wirelessly so if LED A is lit on device 1 then LED A would be lit on device 2 etc. This would help the workers communicate on simple terms
for example LED A "Ready for blower" LED B "Installing plugs" LED C "Installing last plug" LED D "Problem, abort blowing". The range would have to be about 50' and also through a wall or two.

Thank you for your time,

Kevin

Attachments

• wristband.gif
    wristband.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 140
Two pairs of **broken link removed**

Transmitter is complete, just needs code strapping.
Receiver you have to put in a box with a battery, 4 Leds and 4 resistors.
If you strap the two transmitters and two receivers to the same code, either user can effect the leds on both receivers. If you strap two codes into the opposite pairs, then each user can effect only the other user's leds.

Last edited:
Plain text messaging between cellphones might work if you don't need hands free.

I think you can use two and two Bluetooth Arduino, If you need to wear on your wrist, you need to design their own PCB.

Or use a pair of el cheapo walkie-talkies?

I have a device like mike showed us, it controls a floodlight on the side of my house where it gets very dark, I can switch on the light in the car 200 meters away, so range on them is very good.
That said they are not wrist worn, I'm not aware of a complete solution that would do that, might be worth considering hacking one of the keyfobs into a wrist strap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back