Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WinPicprog and P16PRO40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have just try'd to add another 10K resistor paralell over the R8 (make it to 5K) but the result is the same.

For pull up resistor, 4.7 k or 5 k or 10 k:eek:hm: is doing the same job. They have no different isn't it?

I have just try my programmer and software on my old desktop pc and everything works very good, so i think the problem must the LPT port on my laptop, are there some port settings i should try to change to fix this??
I really must have it to work with my laptop also.

This picture is of my new build P16PRO40 Programmer.

Attachments

• 159-5917_IMG.JPG
    159-5917_IMG.JPG
    728 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
OY2L said:
I have just try my programmer and software on my old desktop pc and everything works very good, so i think the problem must the LPT port on my laptop, are there some port settings i should try to change to fix this??
I really must have it to work with my laptop also.

Ports on laptops are often very non-standard, and tend not to work very well for such purposes. As it's (presumably?) pulling the input line LOW, it may be that the port is damaged?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back