Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WinPicprog and P16PRO40

Status
Not open for further replies.

OY2L

I have just built my own P16PRO40 programmer and i have downlouded Nigel's Winpicprog Beta 1,95e, but i cant got it to work, when i try to erase the pic it work well, and when i read the pic it also work well but when i try to write the pic i got this message "Program Verify failed at program adress 0x000 Programming Aborted" I must also every time i start winpicprog open hardware settings and select port adress. Can someone help me here??:confused:

WinPicProg saves the settings every time you shut it down (in the Windows registry), if you turn OFF Auto-Detect in the Options menu it won't try and auto-detect as it powers up, but will simply use the last settings.

The verify error usually means the Vpp voltage is too low, or has too much ripple.

The voltage on VPP is about 12,9v, I have now also try batteri supply about 15v but the result is the same, i'm not shore about the hardware settings i have selectet programmer with 7407 from the dropdown list but my programmer have a 74LS05 chip and it's not on the dropdown list. But what settings is the right to my programmer??

OY2L said:
The voltage on VPP is about 12,9v, I have now also try batteri supply about 15v but the result is the same, i'm not shore about the hardware settings i have selectet programmer with 7407 from the dropdown list but my programmer have a 74LS05 chip and it's not on the dropdown list. But what settings is the right to my programmer??

Check the datasheets - some are inverting, some aren't - pick the setting for the one that's the same inversion as the 7405.

I have now look at the datasheet for the 7405 and 7406 ic and i think it is inverting both of them. So i selectet 7406 on the dropdownlist but i still got the same message "Program Verify failed at program adress 0x000 Programming Aborted" I also now have try with a prof.lab power supply but just the same result. When i try to toggle VPP or VPP40 from the Hardware Settings window they go nice op to 12,9 volt. So what more can i try now???

hmm interesting..

what chip is it ? some chips are preprogrammed with LVP on if not all of them..
try to run a jumper wire or a resistor from PGM on the chip to ground see if that helps.

good luck

OY2L, have you toggled each line (Clock, data, Vpp & Vdd) in WinPicPro and verfied that the associated output to the PIC is functioning?

v1r05, do you mean hvat pic i use it,s 16f84a The other chip is SN74LS05N.

kcriste, I have only toggled VDD VPP and VVP40 and not the other lines

can you read the flags on the chips ? is LVP enabled ?

did you try to ground PGM pin on the 84a ? its pin 10
i used to have that problem with my old tiat variant programmer i cant program chips with LVP_ON till i ground PGM.

maybe its something else hit the search there should be a lot of info

oh my bad,try searching for a solution if you didnt find go for JDM type programmers i like this one no problems what so ever **broken link removed**

or just build an ICD if you want something better.

Hi Nigel,

Have you one more tip, what i can try to get my programmer to work? Should i try an older version of winpicprog instead of the beta version?

OY2L said:
Hi Nigel,

Have you one more tip, what i can try to get my programmer to work? Should i try an older version of winpicprog instead of the beta version?

It shouldn't make any difference?, what you should do is manually toggle the lines and check the voltages on the pins move correctly.

What are you using to power it?.

I have try two different power supply's and also battery supply about 15volt, I have also try to toggle manually VPP VVP40 and VDD and they works fine. But what voltage should be on the other lines data in, data out and clock be if they works as they should???

OY2L said:
I have try two different power supply's and also battery supply about 15volt, I have also try to toggle manually VPP VVP40 and VDD and they works fine. But what voltage should be on the other lines data in, data out and clock be if they works as they should???

15V DC in is really too little, you lose 1.4V through the bridge rectifier, that doesn't leave enough for the 13V regulator to work - you really need 18V DC to supply it.

The PIC pins should toggle between roughly 5V and 0V, normal TTL/CMOS logic levels.

Ok, I have not add the bridge in my programmer as i have a dc supply i only have the voltage regulators and the caps. and the Vpp VPP40 and VDD voltage is 13v in the zif socket, but now i wil try the data lines.

hi again Nigel

on the input line pin10 on the 7405 is about 1,5v and no matter if i toggle it or not absolute no change? may that be the trouble? If yes what can i do? I try to took the lpt out of the pc and then rice it up to 5v.

Hi Nigel,
Yes i'am sure, i have checked it out, but i can see in the picallw.com the R8 is 4,7K maybee i should change it to 4,7K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back