Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows XP - more efficient than any virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi HiTech,

that type of mainboard seems to be sold in Asia only. I checked out for test reports on different German PC magazines and there was none.

In the meanwhile the second board has also died.

It was kind of funny when all Skype contacts rippled open in short sequence with a following crash. After rebooting the display was upside down and mouse functions were inverted for both axis.

After the third attempt to load windows normally the video signal LED on the monitor flashed and nothing happened, except the power supply shut down after 20 seconds.

I purchased an Intel mainboard and got windows xp installed properly.

The system is running stabil but when I use video on Skype the software encounters a problem after about 2 minutes and interrups connection.

This malfunction might be caused by the windows xp professional (Thai cracked) version omitting quite some DLLs (obviously taken out of the original version).

I also purchased a fully licensed windows xp home edition yesterday and will give it one more try.

Regards

Hans

I would never trust a cracked version of an O.S. let alone other software. As for the Skype video issue, is just the network connection stopping or is the video freezing up the system? If the video is freezing up the system I'd look into potential GPU card issues/thermal temps too, RAM memory/timings, virtual memory size, etc.

Oh yeah, with your registered copy of XP Home and SP-3, don't forget to install the latest .net Framework from Microsoft and DirectX 9.0 or better.
Maybe you already realize all this.

Last edited:
Hi HiTech,

I would never trust a cracked version of an O.S. let alone other software.

There was nothing else available for the time being. My licensed German version is outdated and unable to install to SATA-devices (made 2002). I just wanted to know if the system runs at the proposed speed. Before I install the new licensed version I will rather wait for the 500GB HDD (Samsung F1) to arrive.

As for the Skype video issue, is just the network connection stopping or is the video freezing up the system? If the video is freezing up the system I'd look into potential GPU card issues/thermal temps too, RAM memory/timings, virtual memory size, etc.

As I observed the video freezes first and after a while Skype quits with an error message. ("Skype has encountered a problem and is closing down.")

Oh yeah, with your registered copy of XP Home and SP-3, don't forget to install the latest .net Framework from Microsoft and DirectX 9.0 or better.
Maybe you already realize all this.

Yes, I realize I need net Framework and the latest issue of DirectX.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll keep you informed about the system performance with all the new hardware built in and installed. (Till now it runs at a very satisfactory speed without hangups or failures.

Regards

Boncuk

Use a torrent that has lots of good feedback and was created by a trusted member.

The one I used is pretty good and I haven't had any problems with it.

I'll PM you the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back