Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will this solution block EMF from LCD/LED monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, when communicating with certain people who are absolutely convinced that they are right and 'have done their research', whether or not they actually understand that research does not seem to be taken into account by them, the tone comes across as 'I know what I am talking about, more than you do, because I have spent countless hours looking into this', It does not matter whether they are talking to a doctor, a professor, a nuclear physicist, or a neuro surgeon, they have formed their opinion and that is that. If you disagree, you are wrong.

A lot of times you will find that there is lack of understanding of the sciences, where a hypothesis is made and then it is torn apart from a million different angles to determine whether on not it is correct. We all know that that is how science works and is continually improved upon. But to have an attitude where 'I am right, you are wrong, don't try to challenge me!' .....although generally founded from ignorance, as you correctly state, tends to give that person a 'feeling of authority' based upon what they think they know.

A great example of this, is a flat-earther who thinks that he is super intelligent and can completely ignore science-based evidence:
There is generally some strong language in his videos, so be warned.

To be fair, people who think Earth is spherical or oval are also wrong, it is perceived that way because of space-time-gravity.

Ok, what shape is it then?

Why does everything have to have a shape? What can't it just be?

We all seem to pretend to be mature adults here, we no longer need to think in such solid concepts.

In my personal opinion it is a field. (Not in the sense of grass field or soccer field)

Is NASA and all the other space agencies around the globe lying to us then?

How did you arrive at your opinion that the Earth is neither an oblate spheroid, nor an oval?

The key thing with a lot of that is POWER.
It's like saying a lamp is dangerous because that's light, and you can burn things with sunlight and a magnifying glass.

No one is suggesting you get inside a working microwave oven; that's the type of power level needed for microwave non-lethal weapons, they heat you until you must leave the area...

The patent is about measuring brain activity??
No one is asking you to put something like this on, either...

I don't even think it is flat.

I arrived at that opinion on a vague understanding of school physics and metaphysics of my religion.
Just so you know and since you brought it up, here is an excerpt from the forum rules:
Polemics

Controversial topics such as:
  • politics,
  • religion,
  • politically biased science,
  • climate change,
  • over-unity/free energy,
  • conspiracy theories,
  • space alien abduction,
are not necessarily off limits.

However, unless you can provide scientific proof or evidence, we do not recommend pushing these topics on others.

If not discussed in an open and neutral manner, threads or posts of such topics may be locked or deleted at the discretion of the moderators and/or administrator.

The key thing with a lot of that is POWER.
It's like saying a lamp is dangerous because that's light, and you can burn things with sunlight and a magnifying glass.

No one is suggesting you get inside a working microwave oven; that's the type of power level needed for microwave non-lethal weapons, they heat you until you must leave the area...

The patent is about measuring brain activity??
No one is asking you to put something like this on, either...

Thanks for your reply. That post was meant for Mickster.

I think that patent describes a way of obtaining brain activity without any physical thing applied to the head.

Please read page 8 of the pdf containing microwave auditory effects, it doesn't say that it requires high energy.

To answer your question, I want to protect myself from unnecessary EMF exposure. Also to prevent any mind reading and mind control.

You guessed right about TEMPEST.
TEMPEST keeps other people from reading your monitor using radio waves emitted by the monitor/cables/computer.
there is no technology that can "read your mind". there have been experiments with controlling hardware by "thinking", but such systems require extensive "training" by the user, and often the equipment must read a variety of sensors (eye movement, muscle reflexes, as well as specific EEG electrodes) to get a useful response.

similarly, there are no "mind control" techniques that use electromagnetic influence on the brain. there are however, mind control techniques that use propaganda and pseudo science to separate people's money from their wallets.... more specifically by convincing somebody that they require expensive hardware to isolate the user from "harmful" electromagnetic waves. with or without technology, everybody is constantly exposed to electromagnetic waves covering the whole spectrum quite literally from DC to Daylight, all from natural sources. the sun is a huge emitter of radio waves, the earth's atmosphere is constantly generating radio waves from 8hz to thousands of Ghz. there's EM radiation that everyone is exposed to that covers everything from far IR, to light, UV radiation, X-rays, Gamma Rays, cosmic rays.

if you stick around this board long enough, you will find the intent of people here is not to hassle you, but try to inform you that pseudo science is no science at all, and you're better off keeping your money in your wallet so you can better use it on useful things...

there's nothing like pseudo science to raise our ire on this board, EMF-phobia, Flat Earth nonsense, and Over-Unity/Perpetual Motion machines are the three most common subjects that will rain fire down on the thread.

There are plenty of woo-woo sites out there, which prey on people's fears about technology that they do not understand. EDIT: And they all have something to sell, at some ridiculous price. /EDIT
As ak alluded to in a post back in the thread, they will use high sounding numbers to imply that you are getting a massive dose of something, when in actual fact, the amount is really miniscule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back